|Job Title||Dispatch Supervisor|
Falck is a global emergency medical services provider originating from Denmark that services 4 states in the US including: California, Washington, Oregon, and Colorado. Falck has been operating in the US since 2010 and is the second largest private provider of emergency medical services in the country today. Our BLS and ALS services impact not only the lives of our patients, but their families and communities.
No matter which part of the business you work in, it may be Sales, Finance, Communications, IT, Strategy, Legal, Procurement or HR, at Falck we work together with our colleagues to create more value. We all play a crucial part in creating value together. Your daily work behind the desk supports our colleagues out in the field and in the office.
Why Choose Falck?:
Working closely with colleagues around the world or locally, you support the business in the development of solutions which contribute to building our business. You help your colleagues do their jobs, supporting our patients and strengthening our business. Whether it’s adapting and implementing new solutions or maintaining our existing ones, your colleagues rely on your work when they rescue, assist, and reassure people in need of help.
The primary job responsibilities of the Dispatch Supervisor are to provides direct oversight of Communications activities; insuring timely, effective, and efficient deployment of all resources, based upon operational needs and requirements, monitor activities of other shifts by insuring completion of duties, develop, update and maintain departmental SOP’s and Training materials. Also, conduct and/or oversee the training process and reviews by maintaining an atmosphere conducive to personnel development, and provide developmental positive feedback/corrective action to their staff.
The Dispatch Supervisor may be assigned one of more duties. These duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Ability to meet functions outlined on Dispatcher job description and assist with staff coverage as needed.
- Ensures integrity of shifts by maintaining appropriate staffing and training levels during respective shift(s).
- Provides direct oversight of operations while on duty, monitoring activities of each employee and providing guidance and support as needed.
- Ensures duties and standards are followed and completed by other shifts and provide prompt guidance and feedback when necessary.
- Communicate all appropriate information to Communications Manager as needed/requested.
- Researches all calls in the OCU que to determine correctness.
- Researches CAD, GPS, Voice Recordings, and other means to prove data correctness.
- Ensures correct documentation in CAD if units are upgrade or downgraded.
- Ensures correct documentation in CAD if units are responding without lights & sirens to a priority 1 incident.
- Recommends processes to continuously improve accurate documentation of timestamps & data.
- Conducts training for dispatch team members
The Dispatch Supervisor may be assigned one of more additional duties. These duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Attend all required Staff and Management meetings.
- Model, enforce and meet all Company and department policies and procedures.
- Avoid actions that might potentially damage or incur loss of equipment/facilities.
- Assist with investigations of incidents as required.
- Perform other job related duties as assigned by Communications Manager.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactory. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The individual in this position must possess the following qualifications:
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with an ability to work effectively with a diverse range of individuals, teams, managers, supervisors, and external customers. Excellent ability to communicate and work cohesively across Department lines.
- Must have computer competency including proficiency with Microsoft Suite, and understanding of database programs.
- Typing 40 wpm (minimum).
- Must have the ability to consistently deliver outstanding customer service to all internal and external customers.
- Highly dependable and ability to meet internal deadlines consistently.
- Strong organization skills and attentiveness to detail.
- Flexible and adaptable, willing and able to adjust to rapidly changing priorities.
- Must have the ability to work independently as well as in groups.
- Ability to maintain a professional manner and appearance at all times.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in public safety dispatching with emphasis on Falck USA practices and protocols.
- EMT Certification or knowledge/skill base preferred.
- CPR Certification or knowledge/skill base.
- CAD dispatching abilities and multitask skills are essential
- Ability to effectively lead subordinates in a positive team environment.
- Demonstrates good judgment in quickly solving operational and personnel problems.
- Ability to use and/or troubleshoot appropriate equipment in Communications.
- Ability to effectively function in all Communications Center
- Previous work experience of two (2) or more years dispatching under emergency conditions, utilizing a computer aided dispatch system in one or more of the following: Fire Suppression/Emergency Medical Services; Law Enforcement, Industrial Security or Military Operations; Computerized Health Care Billing.
The individual in this position must possess the following education requirements:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- EMD Certification preferred