|Job Title||Clinical Coordinator|
|Department||Clinical / QA|
|Reports to||Director of Clinical Operations|
Falck is a global emergency medical services (EMS) provider originating from Denmark that currently services 4 states in the US: California, Washington, Oregon, and Colorado. Falck has been operating in the US since 2010 and is the second largest private provider of emergency medical services in the country today. Our BLS and ALS services impact not only the lives of our patients, but their families and communities.
No matter which part of the business you work in, it may be Sales, Operations, Finance, Communications, IT, Strategy, Legal, Procurement or HR, at Falck we work together with our colleagues to create more value. We all play a crucial part in creating value together. Your daily work behind the desk supports our colleagues out in the field and in the office.
Working closely with colleagues around the world or locally, you support the business in the development of solutions which contribute to building our business. You help your colleagues do their jobs, supporting our patients and strengthening our business. Whether it’s adapting and implementing new solutions or maintaining our existing ones, your colleagues rely on your work when they rescue, assist and reassure people in need of help.
The Clinical Education Coordinator works closely with the City of San Diego EMS Division to provide medical quality assurance, assist with managing continuing education classes, and academy classes for field personnel in the City of San Diego EMS System. This position will support Falck’s San Diego operation as well as the City of San Diego’s EMS Division and is co-located with City EMS.
The Clinical Education Coordinator’s duties may include, but are not limited to the following:
- Provide orientation and other training and evaluation for field personnel within the City of San Diego EMS system.
- Maintain education scheduling and electronic records for continuing education for Falck San Diego employees
- Performance management of all Advanced and/or Basic Life Support personnel including remedial training, mentoring, and maintenance of Advanced and/or Basic Life Support certification status for field employees.
- Communicate and train ALS and/or BLS employees on all policies and procedures.
- Demonstrates strong facilitation skills in investigating, analyzing, and solving a myriad of complex ALS and/or BLS and/or field training issues.
- Works with Falck San Diego HR to train employees and implement policies and procedures related to quality assurance as needed.
- Assist with EMT and/or Paramedic recertification classes.
- Tracks training requirements and metrics to ensure compliance.
- Ability to conduct engaging and informational training
- Strong presentation skills
- Strong communication skills
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office
- Ability to convey complex data in a manner that makes it easy to understand
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Experience in the San Diego EMS system preferred
- Current state Paramedic certification as required by County or State.
- Current CPR certification card
- Current ACLS card
- Current state Driver’s License in good standing.
- Satisfactory driving record in accordance with the Company’s Driving Policy.
Physical ability to perform all tasks required in the performance of typical EMT or Paramedic duties. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to bend/stoop, push, pull, lift, and climb.
- Occasionally: Work at heights.
- Frequently: Lifting and carrying up to 150lbs
- Constantly: Hearing/listening, clear speech, legible handwriting.
- Occasionally: Analyzing, judgment.
- Frequently: Memorization, perception/computation, problem solving, simple and complex math skills, reasoning.
- Constantly: Ability to follow simple and complex written and verbal instructions. Ability to read, speak, and understand English.
- Occasionally: Fatigue, intense tasks
- Frequently: Repetitive tasks, high pressure.
- Occasionally: Computer
- Constantly: Ambulance, company owned cell phone, company owned communication equipment.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. ‘
- Occasionally: Inside for Special Events
- Frequently: Works around others, works alone, face-to face and verbal contact with others, inside, noise, extended day.
- Constantly: Works with others, face-to-face and verbal contact with others, withstand varied environmental conditions such as extreme heat, cold, and moisture. The Company is a 365, 24/hr per day, 7 day per week operation. Evenings, weekends, and holidays.
- Driving for up to 20% of the time
This brief summary is not an all-inclusive description of job duties. Other job duties and responsibilities may also be assigned by the incumbent’s supervisor at any time based upon Company need.
Falck is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. An Equal Opportunity Employer. Our employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, gender identity, gender expression, citizenship, ancestry, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, military status, marital status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.