|Job Title||Documentation Specialist|
|Department||Billing / Collections|
Falck is a global emergency medical services (EMS) provider originating from Denmark that currently services 4 states in the US: California, Washington, Oregon, and Colorado. Falck has been operating in the US since 2010 and is the second largest private provider of emergency medical services in the country today. Our BLS and ALS services impact not only the lives of our patients, but their families and communities.
Falck was recently awarded the City of San Diego 911 EMS contract and is looking for a Documentation Specialist to join our San Diego operation.
The Documentation Specialist is a key position within operations and is responsible gathering information to ensure the Billing Department has everything needed to bill the runs operations performs. The Documentation Specialist must be very organized, detail oriented and must be able to move from one process to another efficiently as they handle numerous types of paperwork.
The Documentation Specialist may be assigned one or more duties. These duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Reconcile daily to ensure the Operation staff close out their EPCR’s and all patient care reports are accounted for and sent to billing.
- Review EPCRs to ensure certain criteria (set by Billing and Operations) is present on every run ticket.
- Go after addendums from field and communications staff that billing needs in a timely manner.
- Correspond and help train field staff to ensure they understand the need for timely and quality paperwork.
- Help obtain retro authorizations when needed on General Transports.
- Ensure billing gets the appropriate PCS’s for those transports that require them.
- Work with Clinical Manager to obtain the necessary paperwork that is required for review.
- Be a local billing advocate to communicate and follow through on billing needs to operations.